Tuesday, March 7, 2017

A Loss for Words

As I haven't posted for quite some time, I feel like I should have something profound or enlightened to say. But as the title of the blog post expresses, our family is at a loss for words right now. We have been shaken in the past couple of weeks, so I hope that you'll understand the brevity and bluntness of this post.

Surprisingly, as this is an outlet where I typically share about the boys and our journey with their health, our shock is not in regard to Sam or Kai. Instead, it is me. Recently, I have been diagnosed with breast cancer. **insert tears, frustration, anger, sadness**

I will be having surgery coming up this week, followed by chemo and radiation. We know that it's fairly aggressive, but we're hoping that we have detected it early enough to have an effective plan in place.

We covet your thoughts and prayers as, naturally, this is all so incredibly overwhelming right now. We have our plates full already caring for 2 children with chronic health issues; we definitely do not "need" this right now (not that anyone ever does!). However, it is evident that cancer doesn't care that we are already working so hard everyday to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, financial needs of our family... but, our God does. We're trusting that He provides the strength to conquer this!


10 comments:

  1. We are covering you with our prayers. May God give you all you stand in need of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kneeling at the feet of Jesus on you behalf!! May God give you everything you need for each moment!! I'm Sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping you, your family, the doctors & everyone involved in your care in my prayers. May God give you the peace that passes all understanding. Love & hugs dear Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many, many prayers for you, your family and all involved in your care and treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear this news, but will be holding you up in my prayers. Praying for peace, strength, and healing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry Jen. Praying for healing and successful treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen if u need someone to take you to chemo or radiation please let me know. I would be glad to sit with u.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, the Faber family is praying for you. May God be with you and your family, the surgeon and all medical staff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much love pouring out of my heart, and prayers, prayers, prayers.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs